For all of you who diet out there you know exactly what I am talking about; that cheat meal or in our Kuwaiti society way that "cheat day." Anyways, the question that follows is
Q: DOES IT MATTER WHICH DAY I PICK FOR A CHEAT MEAL?
A: If you're going to cheat, do so after a workout, when the meal stands a better chance of being absorbed by your muscles (good) instead of becoming stored in fat tissue (bad). Even after a low-intensity training session, your muscles can sponge up large amount of carbs, preventing fat storage.
Q: I'VE HEARD THAT CERTAIN FOODS REQUIRE MORE CALORIES TO DIGEST THAN THEY CONTAIN. IS THIS TRUE?
A: Nope. The "negative calorie" concept is a myth. Even celery, which is often cited as a negative calorie food, has 18 calories in two stalks, half from sugar and half from fiber. Your body does burn calories to digest the food, but the total cost doesn't exceed the caloric yield
*By: Alan Aragon, a nutritionist in California*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment